Back acne can be just as irritating as facial acne. If you suffer from pimples on back you probably already know what a discomfort it causes. They are similar to facial acne and you can cure them the same way you cure any other pimples. Back treatments for acne are available to help cope with the infection as well as the outbreak which occurs under the skin’s surface. Here are the remedies about how to get rid of back acne overnight.
What causes back acne?
The causes of bacne are fundamentally the same as the causes of pimples on the face: impurities and excess oil, dead skin cells and bacteria buildup. However, the kind of things that clog the pores on our backs or cause inflammation might be a little different.
Since the back is usually covered clothes into the trap can lure sweat on the skin, causing the clogging of pores.
Hormones are a major culprit in acne, both for the face and body. However, back hormonal acne is most often seen in teenage boys and young men.
Best back acne treatment
Cleaning the back is very important because it removes all the excess impurities, along with bacteria that may be present on the skin. Use a gentle cleanser, and use your hand, shower brush or a sponge for reaching your back and massage thoroughly.
When finished, rinse the cleanser completely. If you use a shower brush or sponge, be sure to clean them with soap and water and let them air dry so they do not introduce bacteria while cleansing your skin.
Cleanser should be soap free and sodium lauryl sulfate free, and it may even contain active anti-acne ingredients such as salicylic acid, or tea tree oil. However, since a cleanser does not remain on the skin for too long, an extra treatment will be needed.
The best practice to clear back acne and further prevent, is to exfoliate your back every day. It helps to eliminate all dead skin cells, and bring new skin cells to the surface. You can use any good quality scrub to exfoliate
The next step, moisturizing, it is extra important.
Using a gentle moisturizer, especially after showering. It can minimize the inflammation and strengthen the infected acne skin. A great moisturizer strengthens the skin barrier function, making it better able to protect the skin of acne bacteria.
For a DIY option, both grape seed and rosehip oils are excellent for acne-prone skin. It contains non-comedogenic and anti-inflammatory essential fatty acid. They are a perfect choice if you prefer natural products to treat bacne, and do not mind the greasy texture. But make sure to use them immediately after a shower so they can lock in the water in your skin, leaving it hydrated.
Additional natural remedies
- To soothe the skin a little more, and if for some relaxation, add oatmeal powder to your bath. It will help soothe inflammation. You can also add a few drops of lavender or chamomile essential oils.
- Give yourself a clean anti-acne mask after scrubbing. Make yourself a soothing blend of honey, turmeric anti-inflammatory, soothing yogurt and a few drops of tea tree oil. Leave them on your back for 10-20 minutes, rinse, and continue with your bacne fighting routine.
- Make a paste by mixing sandalwood powder with rose water and apply it on the affected area. Allow to dry for half an hour and they clean with cold water. You can also mix it with turmeric powder. A few drops of lemon juice and water to cope with pack like dough. Applying this paste not only treats for pimples on back, but also helps to get rid of scars.
- Tea tree oil has powerful antibacterial properties. Using tea tree oil clears back pimples as effectively as benzyl peroxide do, but without damaging or burning the skin like benzyl peroxide. Add a few drops of tea tree oil to the water, and wash the affected area with it. You can use tea tree oil on the skin every day. You can also use tea tree oil soap to prevent breakouts and to treat the back.
- While aloe vera doesn’t stop outbreaks, it’s a very efficient back acne treatment. It reduces redness, swelling and scaring. Aloe vera is Implemented in gel form following a thorough washing of the affected area.
- Apple cider vinegar might be efficient in treating back acne. Apply the apple cider vinegar, diluted with 3 parts
water, to the acne at least two times a day.
There are a few habits and practices that help you get rid of pimples on back.
- Do not wear tight clothing.
- Do not use harsh or drying cleansing products.
- Make sure the shampoo and conditioner is completely washed away. Wash your back after washing your hair to remove pore-clogging residue.
- Use a light moisturizer for oily skin or acne.
- Do not carry heavy or irritating backpack.
- Wash your clothes and bedding regularly with unscented or mild detergent.
Above remedies are effective to get rid of back acne. If you suffer from severe acne on back, and above remedies do not seem to work, it’s time to see a dermatologist.